Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ070507
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Friends of Friendless Churches

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Late medieval church restored 1857 by Kennedy. The church retains its fifteenth century rood screen and loft, as well as its churchyard cross. The church was declared redundant and is now in care of the Friends of Friendless Churches.

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: Henry Kennedy


Works at this site:
  Christ with Two Saints Christ with Two Saints
1860
Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Ascension with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection The Ascension with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
designer: Harry Ellis Wooldridge
1869
Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Derwen, Denbighshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Friends of Friendless Churches



Other images of this site
mc_00512cr.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017