Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend

formerly in: Glamorgan


Diocese of Llandaff

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SS88297752

Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend _MG_7019_1.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image


Church (Anglican)

1849-51 by Benjamin Ferrey working with the young John Prichard of Llandaff, on the site of a wholly demolished medieval church. One of the best unspoiled Gothic Revival churches in Glamorgan.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: John Prichard
   as architect: Benjamin Ferrey


Works at this site:
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
designer: Frederick Preedy
about 1851
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
east wall of the chancel
  Miracles of Christ Miracles of Christ
about 1851
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
chancel
  Soldier Receiving Chalice from St Paulinus Soldier Receiving Chalice from St Paulinus
artist: A. J. Davies
about 1920
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
north wall of the nave
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
1992
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
south wall of the nave
 Fortitude Fortitude
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
about 1921
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
nave
  The Light of the World The Light of the World
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
nave
   Sant Dewi     from    St Teilo and St David Sant Dewi
from St Teilo and St David

1855
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
west wall of the nave



Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_7036.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019