formerly in: Monmouthshire
Diocese of Monmouth (formerly: Llandaff)
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: ST31278760
1835-36 by T. H. Wyatt, a rare example in Wales of pre-Gothic Revival 'Gothick'. According to Pryce's history of the church, however, the architect was Sir Digby Wyatt. (The newspaper account of the consecration in 1836 only refers to 'Mr Wyatt', who was present at the service.) Church re-ordered 1893 by Fawkner. The freehold site of the church was conveyed by Sir Charles Morgan, Bt. of Tredegar House, and the family remained pew-holders and benefactors of the church and parish into the twentieth century.
| Christ the Good Shepherd, the Good Samaritan and Christ Blessing Children |
Church of St Paul, Newport
liturgical east wall of the sanctuary