Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SN5121

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Rebuilt on the site of a Norman church on same plan in 1847-49 by John Harries of Llandeilo. Tower added 1902 by David Jenkins. The poor construction of this has caused major problems. The tower is cracking and subsiding, and in danger of collapse. It is attached to the north wall, and therefore threatening the stability of the whole of this part of the north aisle.
Closed 11 July 2005.

Works at this site:
  St Catherine of Siena and St Margaret of Scotland St Catherine of Siena and St Margaret of Scotland
artist: Joyce Meredith
1930
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the nave
  The Rose of Sharon and the Lilies of the Field The Rose of Sharon and the Lilies of the Field
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the nave
  The Annunciation The Annunciation
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe
1905
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the nave, adjacent to pulpit
  The Resurrected Christ, Christ the Teacher and Christ the Good Shepherd  The Resurrected Christ, Christ the Teacher and Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
about 1883
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
east wall of the chancel
  Figure of Christ Figure of Christ
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
patron: Henry James and Magaret Bath (family)
about 1875
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Adoration of the Shepherds The Adoration of the Shepherds
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd
about 1908
Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the north chancel chapel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Egwad, Llanegwad, Carmarthenshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_4944.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017