Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch, Cardiganshire


Diocese of St Davids

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN64368414

Church (Anglican)

Built in 1880-82 by R.J. Withers, replacing a small schoolroom-church of 1862-63 designed by William Butterfield.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch, Cardiganshire on Google



People associated with this site
   as architect: R. J. Withers


Works at this site:
  The Crucifixion with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection The Crucifixion with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Resurrection
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1900
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
east wall of the chancel
  Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World Christ the Good Shepherd and the Light of the World
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
about 1906
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
south wall of the chancel
  Christ the Teacher Christ the Teacher
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1979
Church of St John, Penrhyn-coch
north wall of the nave

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database





 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019