Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion
formerly in: Cardiganshire
N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.
Site OS Grid Ref: SN68418646
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]
Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Waleslarger image
Built 1865-68 at the expense of the Revd Lewis Gilbertson, first Vicar of Llangorwen, where he had also employed Butterfield as architect. Described as 'an exemplary High Victorian composition', St Peter's illustrates the restrained High churchmanship of the Tractarians, and the interior - plain for Butterfield - is largely unaltered.
People associated with this site
Search for further information about Church of St Peter, Bont-goch, Ceredigion on Google
as Architect: William ButterfieldWorks at this site:View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in WalesOther images of this site