Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN452425
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Pre-Gothic Revival church of 1835 by local architect Rees Davies of Llandysul. New chancel and interior 1886 by Middleton, Prothero & Phillott of Cheltenham, largely at the expense of the Stewart family of Alltyrodyn, whose house can be seen from the north churchyard.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Prothero and Phillott


Works at this site:
  Christ Leaving the Praetorium Christ Leaving the Praetorium
artist (after): Louis Christophe Gustave Paul Doré
1901
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
east wall
  St Martin Dividing His Cloak to Clothe a Beggar St Martin Dividing His Cloak to Clothe a Beggar
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1904
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel
  St Matthew and St Mark St Matthew and St Mark
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1904
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
sanctuary
  St Luke and St John St Luke and St John
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
1904
Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion
sanctuary



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St David, Capel Dewi, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017