Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy

formerly in: Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SH8678

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Chapel (Methodist)
Foundation 1882. Church 1887-8 by Robert Curwen.

Works at this site:
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1889
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
west wall of the nave
  King David and St John the Evangelist King David and St John the Evangelist
1912
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
sanctuary apse
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
apse
  Christ with the Doctors and the Virgin Teaching Christ to Read Christ with the Doctors and the Virgin Teaching Christ to Read
firm/studio: Abbott & Co. Ltd
1945
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
north wall of the north transept
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
west wall of the south transept
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
about 1888
Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
apse




Other sites at Colwyn Bay, Denbighshire/Caernarfonshire
Church of St Andrew
Church of St Joseph
Rydal School

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St John, Colwyn Bay, Conwy height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017