Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SN595519

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Tower 1831, church 1887, rebuilt by D. E. Thomas of Haverfordwest for the Jones family of Derry Ormond. Church and housing together a good example of an Estate village of the nineteenth century.

Works at this site:
  Crucifixion with Mary, John and Mary Magdalene Crucifixion with Mary, John and Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
1886
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
east wall of the chancel
  Angels Holding the Beatitudes Angels Holding the Beatitudes
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
nave
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Carl Almquist
about 1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
west end of the nave
  Two Angels Two Angels
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
artist: Carl Almquist
1887
Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion
porch



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Bledrws, Betws Bledrws, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017