Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St David, Newtown, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO109913
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Built 1843-7, restored 1909 and 1938. Closed in 2006.
Architects: Thomas Penson; David Walker (Liverpool); H. L. North.

People associated with this site
   as architect: Herbert Luck North
   as architect: Thomas Penson


Works at this site:
St Paul and the Sermon on the Mount
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1917
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
north aisle
Christ in Majesty with Angels
firm/studio: James Powell & Sons
1902
Church of St David, Newtown, Powys
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017