Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Gwenog, Llanwenog, Ceredigion

formerly in: Cardiganshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SN4945
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval. Tower fifteenth century, reputedly at the expense of Sir Rhys ap Thomas to commemorate the Battle of Bosworth. Restored 1998 by Roger Clive-Powell, the grandson of the last of the Davies-Evans family of Highmead in the parish, who did much to embellish the church in the early twentieth century.

Works at this site:
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
Church of St Gwenog, Llanwenog, Ceredigion
south wall of the south aisle
  St Gwenog St Gwenog
artist: Herbert Davies-Evans
about 1895
Church of St Gwenog, Llanwenog, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Gwenog, Llanwenog, Ceredigion height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
DSCN5822.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017