Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: SO2296
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Thirteenth century. Tower demolished 1816 and replaced. Restored 1878 by G. E. Street, and again 1969-70 by Anthony Catwin, at cost of over £10000, including new chancel ceiling. Screen fifteenth century. South transept roof seventeenth century.

Works at this site:
  The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi The Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
designer: Charles Hean
artist: G. L. Maerchant
1902
Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
west wall of the nave
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
firm/studio: William Morris & Co (Westminster)
1926
Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
south wall of the nave
  George Herbert Window George Herbert Window
artist: John Edwards
firm/studio: Glantawe Studios
2002
Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
south transept
  The Ascension and the Crucifixion The Ascension and the Crucifixion
firm/studio: Thomas Baillie
1859
Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
east wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017