Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Place OS Grid Ref: ST5190
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Norman foundation, in close association with the Castle/Manor House adjacent. Some Norman work remains. Mainly thirteenth-fifteenth century work. Restored 1874 by A. W. Maberly. Manor, possessed by Lewis family from fifteenth-twentieth century, principally the work of Henry Lewis (pre-1508-71), especially gatehouse. Remodelled in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.

Works at this site:
  Memorial Window Memorial Window
about 1843
Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel
  The Ascension and The Nativity The Ascension and The Nativity
about 1859
Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire
south wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Peter, St Pierre, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



Other images of this site
_MG_0727.jpg_MG_0728.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017