Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Martin, Roath, Cardiff, Glamorgan


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST188777

Church (Anglican)
Iron church on this site licensed November 1886. Permanent church by F. R. Kempson consecrated 1901. Severely damaged by bombing 26th February 1941. Faculty for restoration issued July 1951. Reconsecrated 17th December 1955.

Works at this site:
  Christ in Glory Christ in Glory
designer: Hugh Easton
1955
Church of St Martin, Roath, Cardiff
east window of the chancel
  Cross with a Crown of Thorns and Chalice Cross with a Crown of Thorns and Chalice
designer: Hugh Easton
1956
Church of St Martin, Roath, Cardiff
east window of the north aisle




Other sites at Roath, Cardiff, Glamorgan
Church of St German
Church of St Margaret

View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database







 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017