Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport

formerly in: Monmouthshire


Diocese of Monmouth

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: ST37078787

Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport _MG_2177.jpg Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image


Church (Anglican)

Perpendicular style, nave and chancel all one, plus tower, with some nineteenth century fenestration. Parish extremely small (largely coterminous with the Llanwern House estate). Between 1861 and 1929 it comprised only three houses and the population in 1871 was seven.

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport on Google



Works at this site:
  Christ Blessing the Elements and Other Subjects Christ Blessing the Elements and Other Subjects
artist: Sarah Salusbury
about 1840
Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport
south wall of sanctuary
  Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1957
Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport
east window of the chancel
  Peter's Commission Peter's Commission
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
1958
Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport
south wall



Church of St Mary, Llanwern, Newport height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019