Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


Diocese of Swansea and Brecon

N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO03413239

Church (Anglican)

Victorian building on the site of a medieval church, although the tower dates from the sixteenth century. Rich late ninetenth-century fittings including tiles, reredos and east window. The brass memorial screen is dated 1881 and this may be contemporary with the furnishing of the rest of the chancel.

CPAT Churches Survey

view on the National Monuments Record (Coflein)

view on the Church Heritage Cymru website


Search for further information about Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys on Google



Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Gospels Scenes from the Gospels
artist: Ward
third quarter of the nineteenth century
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
east wall of the chancel
  Two Angels with the Baptism of Cornelius and the Supper at Emmaus Two Angels with the Baptism of Cornelius and the Supper at Emmaus
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
about 1902
Church of St Maelog, Llandefaelog Fach, Powys
west wall of the nave








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019