Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SM975229
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval church restored 1834-6 by W. Phillips of Haverfordwest, again in 1853, and then in 1896-7 by Pinder & Fogarty of Bournemouth.

Works at this site:
  The Risen Christ Meeting the Fallen Soldier The Risen Christ Meeting the Fallen Soldier
Designer: Mary Lowndes
1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb The Three Marys Visit the Empty Tomb
artist: A. L. Moore
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1898
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  St Michael St Michael
firm/studio: A L Moore & Son
about 1920
Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire
north wall



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Spittal, Pembrokeshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017