Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Llanfair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO355086

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Medieval. Reconstructed 1873-76 by J.D. Sedding under the patronage of the rector, the Revd W.J. Coussmaker Lindsay. Sgraffito work 1888 by Heywood Sumner. Closed 1982 and now vested with the Friends of Friendless Churches. Repaired 1986-8 by Brian Morton. Sgraffito panels restored in memory of Roy, Lord Jenkins of Hillhead.

People associated with this site
   as architect: John Dando Sedding


Works at this site:
  Nativity with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi Nativity with the Adoration of the Shepherds and the Magi
artist: John J. Jennings
1894
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire
east wall of the sanctuary
  The Visitation with Simeon and Anna The Visitation with Simeon and Anna
artist: John J. Jennings
about 1910
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire
south wall of the chancel



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Llanfair Kilgeddin, Monmouthshire height=

Photo © Martin Crampin








 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017