Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary, Hay-on-Wye, Powys

formerly in: Brecknockshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SO225421

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

Church (Anglican)
Founded in the early twelfth century. The church was rebuilt in 1833 on the initiative of the curate, the Revd Humphrey Allen. Only the tower remains from the medieval church. The chancel was extended in 1867. The pulpit was erected by Dr R. F. Trumper in memory of his wife.

Church website

Works at this site:
  Scenes from the Passion of Christ Scenes from the Passion of Christ
about 1870
Church of St Mary, Hay-on-Wye, Powys
sanctuary apse
  Abraham Abraham
artist: Arthur J. Dix
1906
Church of St Mary, Hay-on-Wye, Powys
south wall of the nave, adjacent to pulpit
  Virgin and Child Virgin and Child
about 1950
Church of St Mary, Hay-on-Wye, Powys
north wall of the nave



View this site on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database


Church of St Mary, Hay-on-Wye, Powys height=

Photo © Martin Crampin



Other images of this site
_MG_7914.jpg




 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017