Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Church of St Mary of the Salutation, Welshpool, Powys

formerly in: Montgomeryshire


N.B.Position of marker is approximate and does not necessarily show the exact location of the site.

Site OS Grid Ref: SJ225076
RCAHMW COFLEIN [new window]

Church (Anglican)
Church with a thirteenth century tower, the remainder dating from various phases from the fourteenth century until the nineteenth century restorations in 1822, 1856 (chancel, by Thomas Billing) and 1870-1 (by G.E. Street).

CPAT Historic Churches Survey

People associated with this site
   as architect: George Edmund Street


Works at this site:
Scenes from the Life of the Virgin
1856
Church of St Mary of the Salutation, Welshpool, Powys
east wall
Scenes from the Lives of St John, St Peter and St Paul
about 1871
Church of St Mary of the Salutation, Welshpool, Powys
north aisle
The First Easter Day
about 1900
Church of St Mary of the Salutation, Welshpool, Powys




Other sites at Welshpool, Montgomeryshire
Christ Church
Church of St Winefride






 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017