Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Duncan Dearle (1893–1954)


Duncan Dearle was the son of Henry Dearle, who had been senior designer of Morris & Co. Duncan Dearle ran the firm after the death of his father, until the closure of Morris & Co. in 1940, when he took the opportunity to acquire its stained glass department. Windows were made for him at Lowndes & Drury after the war. His address in 1948 was quoted as Kelmscott, Elton Road, Purley, Surrey.




Search for further information about Duncan Dearle on Google

Your search found 1 result
  St Pedrog and St Carannog St Pedrog and St Carannog
artist: Duncan Dearle
1949
Church of St Pedrog, Y Ferwig, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel (window number: sII)
Further reading

Alan Brooks and Peter Cormack, 'The Artists of the Glass House' The Journal of Stained Glass, vol. xli (2017), 21.

A. Charles Sewter, The Stained Glass of William Morris and his Circle (New Haven; London: Yale University Press, 1974), p. 82.





Browse list of people in the database





 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024