Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Karl Parsons (1884-1934)

Stained glass artist. Born in Peckham, Karl Bergmann Parsons was pupil and assistant to Christopher Whall and set up his own studio at Lowndes & Drury's Glass House from 1908-30. He succeeded Whall as the principal teacher of stained glass at the Central School of Arts & Crafts in 1906, continuing until 1929 when he retired from the post.

Mapping Sculpture entry
Wikipedia entry

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 95.



Your search found 4 results.
  The Virgin Mary The Virgin Mary
artist: Karl Parsons
1908
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the sanctuary
  Receiving the Crown of Life Receiving the Crown of Life
artist: Karl Parsons
1917
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle
  Christ in Majesty with Scenes and Figures from the Old and New Testaments Christ in Majesty with Scenes and Figures from the Old and New Testaments
artist: Karl Parsons
1927
Church of All Saints, Porthcawl, Bridgend
east wall of the sanctuary
  The Good Samaritan The Good Samaritan
architect: Karl Parsons
1929
Church of St James, Pyle, Bridgend
south wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017