Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

A. W. Robinson (1888-1955)

Stained glass designer. Arnold Wathen Robinson was apprenticed to Christopher Whall from 1906-1912, before working at The Glass House, Fulham. He worked with Edward Woore and undertook commissions for Joseph Bell & Son. Robinson subsequently bought the firm in 1923, and ran it until his death in 1955. His son, Geoffrey Robinson ran the firm until he retired in 1996.

Wikipedia entry

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 104.



Your search found 1 result.
  St Michael with St Nicholas and St George St Michael with St Nicholas and St George
firm/studio: Joseph Bell & Son
designer: A. W. Robinson
1948
Church of St Stephen and St Tathan, Caerwent, Monmouthshire
west wall of the tower




Browse list of people in the database



 
NEW BOOK: Stained Glass from Welsh Churches: by Martin Crampin

This fully illustrated hardback outlines the range and development of stained glass in Wales from the 14th century until today.

Order online at www.ylolfa.com
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2014 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2014