Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Charles Evans & Co Ltd

Charles Evans (1828-64) was the son of the artist David Evans, who moved to London to establish his firm, either sometime in the late 1850s, or after the death of David Evans in 1861, when his brother William Evans joined the firm.

There may however be some confusion with another firm of Charles Richard J. Evans, which may or may not be associated (see Sussex Parish Churches website).

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p, 48.



Your search found 1 result.
  The Good Samaritan and the Three Women at the Empty Tomb    from    Scenes from the Bible The Good Samaritan and the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
from Scenes from the Bible

firm/studio: Charles Evans & Co Ltd
1889
Church of All Saints, Llangorwen, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017