Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Thomas Baillie (1815-1883)

Stained glass artist. Thomas Baillie established his firm in 1838, but also worked with his brother Edward Baillie (1812-56). After Edward's death Thomas Baillie became head of the family firm, which was joined by George Mayer (from 1854) and then William Lutwyche (1840-1908).

For further details see Sussex Parish Churches

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 7.



Your search found 1 result.
  The Ascension and the Crucifixion The Ascension and the Crucifixion
firm/studio: Thomas Baillie
1859
Church of St Nicholas, Montgomery, Powys
east wall of the chancel




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017