Harry Harvey (1922-2011)
Stained glass artist. Born in Birmingham, Harry William Harvey was apprenticed to Pearce & Cutler
in that city from 1937. After war service with the Royal Navy, he worked briefly for Wippells
of Exeter, where he came into contact with Harry Stammers
. Harry Harvey joined Stammers as his assistant in York in 1947, until Harvey established his own studio in Acomb, North Yorkshire, in 1956. He also worked with Joseph Fisher, producing designs for Shrigley and Hunt
into the 1970s. He was elected a Fellow of the British Society of Master Glass Painters in 1962. In the 1960s his association with George Pace
gained him commissions in Wales at Christchurch (Newport) and Maesmynys, near Builth Wells.
William Waters, Stained Glass from Shrigley & Hunt of Lancaster and London (Lancaster: Centre for North-West Regional Studies University of Lancaster, 2003), p. 49.
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 63.
Show signatures and maker's marks
Your search found 2
results.Browse list of people in the databaseView this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database