Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Frederick Preedy (1820-1898)


Worcestershire architect and designer associated with Butterfield and the ecclesiologists. His windows were made by George Rogers between 1850 until 1853, although he became dissatisfied with Rogers' work, and began to make his own glass. His work includes windows in the cathedrals of Worcester, Gloucester and Ely.




Search for further information about Frederick Preedy on Google

Sites associated with this person
  as architect: Church of St Stephen, Old Radnor , Powys


Your search found 1 result
  The Resurrection The Resurrection
designer: Frederick Preedy
about 1851
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
east wall of the chancel
Further reading

J. Knowles, 'Glass-Painters 1750–1850 (Part III)' Journal of the British Society of Master Glass-Painters, vol. xiii, no. 3 (1961–2), 516.

Michael Kerney, The Stained Glass of Frederick Preedy (1820-1898): A Catalogue of Designs (London: Ecclesiological Society, 2001).





Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024