Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Henry Wilson (1864-1934)

A designer, architect and jeweller, and an enthusiastic proponent of the Arts & Crafts Movement. Henry Wilson was a pupil of John Dando Sedding, and took over the practice after Sedding's death in 1891. He wrote extensively on jewellery and its teaching, on the history of art and architecture, as well as church building and town planning.

Further biographical details and examples of work.

Further reading

Cyndy Manton, Henry Wilson: Practical Idealist (Cambridge: Lutterworth Press, 2009).



Your search found 1 result.
  St David and St Tudful St David and St Tudful
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
designer: Henry Wilson
donor: William Thomas Lewis
1887
Church of St David, Merthyr Tydfil
south wall of the south aisle (Lady Chapel)




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017