Click here for other works at this site
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
1874Three-light window. The Crucifixion scene in the middle of the central light is surrounded by clear and patterned glass, including various symbols: the IHS monogram, alpha and omega, and interlocking triangles representing the trinity.
size: 50 cm (width of each light) [approx]Church of All Saints, Buttington, Powyseast wall of the chancelGiven by William and Mary Grace Fisher in 1874.
Fragments of medieval glass were moved to the west window to make way for the new glass.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Show more subjects
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/657 (accessed 9 August 2020)
Photo © Martin Crampin