Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Winefride

1934

Single-light window with standing figure of the saint holding a sword and martyr's palm.



Chapel of Our Lady and St Non, St Davids, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the chancel

The style of this window, and the others in the north and south wall added when the church was opened in 1934, has similarities with the work of Frederick Eden.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-12-2016

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

John Morgan-Guy, 'Shrine and counter-shrine in 1920s and 1930s Dewisland?' in St David of Wales: Cult, Church and Nation (Woodbridge: Boydell, 2007), p. 288.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4856 (accessed 26 May 2019)



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019