Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Medieval Fragments

  Medieval Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

probably about 1500, reset mid-nineteenth century

Two-light window. The fragments have been reset in the central part of both lights surrounded by more recent glass of the mid-nineteenth century. Silver stain and painted fragments include heads, an angel, books, and a portion of the head of Christ, perhaps from a resurrection scene.



Church of St Pedrog, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd
west wall



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 01-08-2012

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Medieval FragmentsMedieval Fragments

For other artworks containing these subjects please click on the links below:

Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 33.

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 53.

References

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 391.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2012.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/4468 (accessed 13 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  Medieval Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024