Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Medieval Fragments

  Medieval Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

perhaps about 1500

Small fragments of medieval glass in tracery lights of a three-light window.



Church of St Gwynhoedl, Llangwnnadl, Gwynedd
east wall of the central nave





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 26-07-2012

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Medieval FragmentsMedieval FragmentsMedieval Fragments

Click here for other works at this site

References

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 444.

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 66.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2012.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4418 (accessed 9 August 2020)


 

  Medieval Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020