Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Good Wife

  The Good Wife

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1907

Two-light window. A woman gives a piece of bread to a child below in the left-hand light, with a group of three figures opposite.


firm/studio: J. A. Campbell & Co.

Church of St Thomas, Glyndyfrdwy, Denbighshire
north wall of the nave

Text: 'Her children arise up and call her blessed' (Proverbs 31:28). An angel in the upper quatrefoil holds the text: 'Blessed are the merciful' (Matthew 5:7).

Dedication: 'To the glory of God and in loving memory of the late Dorothea Ann Tottenham of Plas Berwyn who died Jan 8th 1903. Erected by her four children'.



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Good WifeThe Good Wife

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to J. A. Campbell & Co.

Further reading

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 605.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 150.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/4158 (accessed 21 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  The Good Wife

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024