Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

South Window

  South Window

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1850

Three-light window with patterned quarries surrounded by borders of coloured glass, depitign vines and lion's heads.


artist: David Evans

Church of St Mary, Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey
south wall of the nave

Mostyn Lewis suggests a date of about 1840, the same date that he offers for the east window. However, since the east window is actually dated 1850, perhaps this glass was inserted at the same time.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other artworks containing these subjects please click on the links below:

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to David Evans

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 62.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4150 (accessed 13 July 2020)


 

  South Window

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020