Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists
Large five-light window with standing figures, the evangelists at either side of Christ at the centre. Angels, and alpha and omega, above in the tracery.
size: 45 cm (width of each light) [approx]
Church of St Margaret, Merthyr Tydfil
Given in memory of J. James (died 1863), surgeon of Merthyr Tydfil, by his wife Cecile James.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 04-01-2012
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Click here for other works at this siteFurther reading
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 156.References
John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 439.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2012. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4052 (accessed 27 September 2021)
Photo © Martin Crampin