Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Llywelyn Fawr and Joan

  Llywelyn Fawr and Joan

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1933

Two-light window with standing figures.


firm/studio: A. R. Mowbray & Co.

Church of St Mary, Trefriw, Conwy
north wall

Given in memory of the Revd Gomer Price, rector of the parishes of Trefriw and Llanrhychwyn from 1920-1932.

Llywelyn ap Iorwerth (Llywelyn Fawr) and Joan (Siwan) reputedly founded the church in 1230.



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 18-08-2020

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Llywelyn Fawr: Llywelyn Fawr and JoanJoan: Llywelyn Fawr and Joan

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to A. R. Mowbray & Co.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 218.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/3863 (accessed 21 April 2024)


 

  Llywelyn Fawr and Joan

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024