Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Head of an Angel

image not available
about 1500

Medieval fragments at the head of a window. Head of an angel, badly broken and releaded together.



Church of St Michael, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the vestry

Probably moved to present position during the 1859 restoration.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

Other works associated with this work

image not available

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 79.

References

Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 158.

T. W. Pritchard, Manafon Church (Much Wenlock: RJL Smith & Associates, 1998), pp. 2, 10, 12.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/3785 (accessed 21 April 2024)



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024