Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Head of an Angel

about 1500

Medieval fragments at the head of a window. Head of an angel in one fragment and another with hands in an attitude of prayer.



Church of St Michael, Manafon, Powys
east wall of the vestry

Probably moved to present position during the 1859 restoration.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

Other works associated with this work


This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 79.

References

Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 158.

T. W. Pritchard, Manafon Church (Much Wenlock: RJL Smith & Associates, 1998), pp. 2, 10, 12.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3784 (accessed 23 January 2020)



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020