Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Fragments of Coloured Glass

  Fragments of Coloured Glass

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

various dates

Coloured glass and painted quarries at the top of a two-light window.



Church of St Rhychwyn, Llanrhychwyn, Conwy
north wall

Some of the fragments may be fifteenth or sixteenth century, others probably nineteenth century.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Fragments of Coloured Glass

Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 72.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3780 (accessed 23 January 2020)


 

  Fragments of Coloured Glass

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020