Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Ascension with the Four Evangelists

  Ascension with the Four Evangelists

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1865

Ascension with the Four Evangelists, below scenes from the Nativity, Crucifixion and Resurrection. Opening of the seven seals in the tracery.


designer: John Pollard Seddon
firm/studio: Chance Brothers & Co.

Church of St John the Evangelist, Maindee, Newport
east wall of the chancel

In Remembrance of James Rennie d.1864 aged 61, erected by his wife and daughter 1865.

Suffered war damage in 1941, but consequently escaped the fire at the church which took place while the window was being restored. Rededicated 18 September 1952.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Ascension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four EvangelistsAscension with the Four Evangelists

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to John Pollard Seddon
Click here for other works connected to Chance Brothers & Co.

Further reading

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 430.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 119.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/28 (accessed 16 September 2019)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  Ascension with the Four Evangelists

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019