Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St David with St Caradog and St Bride

  St David with St Caradog and St Bride

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1917

Three-light window with standing figures.


firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave (window number: sIX)

Shows Kempe and Tower maker's mark. Given in memory of Mary Jane Powis (died 1917) by her son Charles Edmond Isloyd Powis.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 05-09-2019

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St David with St Caradog and St Bride

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 331.

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Pembrokeshire (New Haven/London: Yale University Press, 2004), p. 213.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2019.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/266 (accessed 21 April 2024)


 

  St David with St Caradog and St Bride

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024