Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Padarn
from St David and St Padarn

  St Padarn    from    St David and St Padarn

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1950

Two single-light windows with standing figures of the saints over two scenes: an angel directing David to visit Jerusalem, and Maelgwn making a gift of land to Padarn.


firm/studio: Celtic Studios

Church of All Saints, Llangorwen, Ceredigion
nave

The two windows were given as a pair in memory of George and Sarah Jane Griffiths Williams of Cwmcynfelin by their daughter Florence in 1950. The dedications are given in English and in Welsh.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 27-03-2017

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St David: St David and St PadarnSt David: St David and St PadarnAn Angel Directing St David to visit the Holy Sepulchre: St David and St PadarnSt Padarn: St David and St PadarnKing Maelgwn Makes a Gift of Land to St Padarn: St David and St Padarn

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Celtic Studios

References

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), p. 523.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2017.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/2314 (accessed 13 April 2024)


 

  St Padarn    from    St David and St Padarn

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024