Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Winefride

  St Winefride

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1860

Single light round-headed window, with a crowned standing figure of the saint, holding ornamental staff and palm. A depiction of St Winefride's Well chamber is above in a roundel.



Church of St Winefride, Holywell, Flintshire
nave

Dedication: 'Presented by Elizabeth Dalton, Thurnham Hall 1860. O Holy Virgin and Martyr. Pray for her and her friend Isabella English.'




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-12-2016

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St WinefrideSt Winefride

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2129 (accessed 26 May 2019)


 

  St Winefride

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019