Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Germanus

  St Germanus

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1921

Single-light window with standing figure of Germanus. The window also prominently features not only the church but also the fine medieval effigy of Gruffudd ap Llywelyn ab Ynyr in the south aisle and the Flemish chandelier which hangs in the nave.



Church of St Garmon, Llanarmon-yn-Iâl, Denbighshire
west end of south aisle

The window is signed by the firm.

Given in memory of Revd William Jones (died 1921), who had been vicar of the parish.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2099 (accessed 9 August 2020)


 

  St Germanus

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020