Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Saints

  Saints

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1880

Four two-light windows depicting standing figures of Mary and Joseph, Francis and Clara, Bonaventura and Anthony, Laurence and Fidelis.

size: 48 cm (width of each light)
firm/studio: Mayer & Co.

Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
north wall of the nave

One of the windows is signed by the firm.

Given in memory of Thomas and Elizabeth Kent.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St Francis and St Clara

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Mayer & Co.

References

Malcolm Seaborne, Victorian and Later Stained Glass Windows in Flintshire Churches (Mold: 1996), p. 13.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2039 (accessed 23 September 2021)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  Saints

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021