Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Peter, St John and St Paul

  St Peter, St John and St Paul

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1840, 1843

Three-light window with standing figures under canopies.


artist: David Evans

Bangor Cathedral, Bangor, Gwynedd
north wall of north aisle

Part of the former east window. John was part of the original window installed in 1840 at a cost of £200, while Peter and Paul were added in 1843. The glass was removed in 1872 and reset in this position in about 1880. Symbols of the tribes of Israel in the tracery lights.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-11-2023

 

Other works associated with this work

  Aaron, Moses and David   St Luke, St Matthew and St Mark

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to David Evans

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 27.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 74.

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 242.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2023.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/1980 (accessed 13 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  St Peter, St John and St Paul

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024