Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls
The Adoration of the Shepherds
from The Annunciation with the Adoration of the Shepherds
A pair of two-light windows and an upper roundel. Above each two-light window is a group of roundels containing prophets: (left) Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel (right) Amos, Zechariah, Joel, Malachi.
size: 50 cm (width of each light) [approx]
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the nave (window number: wI)
The faculty for the window is dated June 1945, and notes the designer of the window was Harry Grylls. The estimated cost was £700.
Given in thanksgiving for the return of peace in Europe.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 24-08-2020
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Show more subjects
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
- Daniel (not in biblical context)
- Ezekiel (not in biblical context)
- the four major prophets (not in biblical context): Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel
- the prophet Amos (not in biblical context)
- the prophet Isaiah (not in biblical context)
- the prophet Jeremiah (not in biblical context)
- the prophet Joel (not in biblical context)
- the prophet Malachi (not in biblical context)
- the prophet Zechariah (not in biblical context)
- the twelve minor prophets (not in biblical context): Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4030 (accessed 20 September 2020)