Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

H. M. Doyle (1913–2001)

Stained glass designer. Harcourt Medhurst Doyle studied with Martin Travers at the Royal College of Art and also worked as his assistant. From the late 1950s he was based in Liverpool, at 4 Argyle Road, but moved to Llanrhos, on the outskirts of Llandudno, in 1966, where he was based until 1979.

Further reading

Penny Somerville and Alfred Fisher, 'Obituary: Harcourt Doyle (1913-2001)' The Journal of Stained Glass, vol. xxv (2001), 192–5.

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 43.



Show signatures and maker's marks


Search for further information about H. M. Doyle on Google

User contributed comments

Obituary in The Journal of Stained Glass, vol. XXV, 192-195.
Submitted by: Leslie Smith (2016-05-02 12:27:36)

Your search found 2 results
East Window
artist: H. M. Doyle
1956
Woodlands School, Deganwy, Conwy
east wall of the chapel
  St Catherine, St Nicholas and St Maurice St Catherine, St Nicholas and St Maurice
artist: H. M. Doyle
1964
Church of St Catherine, Llanfaes, Anglesey
south wall of the south aisle


Browse list of people in the database



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021