Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to Burlison & GryllsReferences
Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
size: 50 cm (width) [approx]
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls
Church of St Mary, Builth Wells, Powys
west wall of the south aisle
The faculty for the window is dated July 1945, and notes the designer of the window was Harry Grylls. The estimated cost was £175.
Dedication: 'Dedicated to all little ones in memory of Harold Carpenter.' It was given by his wife, Lady Carpenter.
The image of Christ as the Good Shepherd is also suggested by the figure of a shepherd with sheep in the background, beneath the city walls.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 24-08-2020
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Show more subjects
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 304.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4452 (accessed 25 October 2021)
Photo © Martin Crampin