Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Teilo

  St Teilo

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1905

Single-light window with richly ornamented figure of the saint, dressed as a bishop and holding a bell. The background reveals a partial view of Llandaff Cathedral. A scene below shows saints distributing alms.


firm/studio: A. L. Moore & Son

Church of St Teilo, Pontardulais, Swansea
south wall of the nave





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 12-01-2012

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St TeiloSt Teilo

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to A. L. Moore & Son

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), pp. 517-8.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2012.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4289 (accessed 8 December 2021)


 

  St Teilo

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021